To honour the most innovative creators in music, the third annual Youth Music Awards promoted a more diversified future for the industry. The celebration honoured 12 award recipients, among them up-and-coming musicians and inspirational figures driving change.
Youth Music is the UK’s premier young people’s music organisation, having advocated for equal access to music for over two decades. The event, in association with Hal Leonard Europe, was sponsored by TikTok, YouTube, Amazon Music, and Dr Martens, called for industry collaboration and a commitment to equalising access to the music industries for the next generation.
The winners were as follows:
- Original Track Award (Solo) winner: Amy Da Silva – Think Twice
- Rising Star Award (Industry) winner: Lil Trubz
- Original Track Award (Group) winner: Ava in the Dark – Manic
- Rising Star Award (Artist) winner: English Teacher
- Music Producer Award winner: Jessie Marcella
- Young Leader Award winner: Kavyan Hajirostami
- Outstanding Project Award winner: Girl Grind UK, SHE DON DID IT
- Inspirational Music Leader Award winner: Raghad Haddad
- Live Performance Award winner: The Spit Game
- Music Video Award winner: Oceanside Records – Welcome To Torbay
- Lyricist Award winner: Namugga – Started Off As
- Social Action Award winner: Pembe Tokluhan
Guests celebrated the winners of the 12 Awards, which were judged by notable music industry professionals such as BRIT-nominated singer-songwriter Mahalia, internationally recognised DJ duo BICEP, and BBC Radio 1’s Sian Eleri. Lethal Bizzle made a special appearance and ascended the stage to present them with their prize.
You can see more about the awards here.