The American street artist, KAWS, has teamed up with Acute Art to reveal his first ever series of augmented reality sculptures titled ‘EXPANDED HOLIDAY’.
By delving into the world of digital art, the collaborative effort provides the opportunity to exhibit KAWS’ famed sculpture ‘COMPANION’ in 11 major cities around the world.
All of the works are visible, free of charge, through the Acute Art app – proving it to be a cohesive platform that brings technology and artists together through the production of engaging visual artwork. The artist explains:
“When I realized the quality that could be achieved and experienced in AR, I was immediately drawn to its potential. I have been creating objects and exhibiting works in public spaces throughout my career, and this allows me to expand on that in a whole new arena. The possibilities of locations and scale are endless, and I’m excited to start a new dialogue in this medium.”
The exhibition will be available to view from March 12 to March 26.
You can view the AR sculptures at these 12 locations:
- Doha, Qatar｜MIA Park (Museum of Islamic Art)
- Hong Kong｜Observation Wheel
- London, UK｜Millennium Bridge
- Melbourne, Australia｜National Gallery of Victoria (NGV)
- New York, USA｜Brooklyn Museum
- New York, USA｜Times Square
- Paris, France｜The Louvre
- São Paulo, Brazil｜Ibirapuera Park
- Seoul, South Korea｜Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP)
- Serengeti, Tanzania｜Serengeti National Park
- Taipei, Taiwan｜National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
- Tokyo, Japan｜Shibuya Crossing